Texas 41, Baylor 0
TOP 10 SIGNS YOU WEREN'T TAKING BAYLOR SERIOUSLY:
10. Traded your Baylor tickets for some baseball cards, bag of marbles and a stick of gum.
9. Skipped the tailgate to go do some early Christmas shopping.
8. Asked your wife if there was a wedding or baby shower you could be attending instead.
7. Renounced your Baptist upbringing and converted to Catholicism.
6. Started Chance Mock over Chris Simms on your fantasy football league team.
5. Snuck a flask full of Nyquil into the game.
4. Dumped Gatorade on yourself halfway though the first quarter.
3. Faxed resume to Baylor A.D. requesting interview for head coaching position.
2. Told the rickshaw driver to take the scenic route to the stadium.
And the #1 sign you weren't taking Baylor seriously:
1. Put a C-note on the Horns to cover the spread against Baylor – for the next 10 years.
41-0, starters pulled in the 3rd, Baylor head coach Kevin Steele fired last Tuesday - enough said.
Do you remember that hell hole in Star Wars where that Obiwan guy went looking for Han Solo and Luke almost got his ass kicked by some dude with a death sentence on Uranus? Maybe not so much, but that scene in the movie is very reminiscent of what playing a road game in
Tech features an extremely potent offense lead by Senior QB Kliff Kingsberry. They've averaged over 400 yards and 50 points when playing at home this season. Look for
Texas Tech's main weakness this year has been their defense, especially against the run. Look for the Horns to again try and establish the running game early with Benson. Running the ball keeps the clock running and limits the number of opportunities Tech can go on offense. I'd love to see 15-20 play scoring drives all day. I'd also love to see Selvin Young get some more carries. He's not as punishing a runner as Benson is, but he seems to hit the hole faster. And, playing both backs may cause problems for the Tech defense and disrupt their rhythm as it did with Baylor. The windy conditions on the high plains also make success in the running game crucial. Simms will be able to throw those short outs with no problem, but judging the long ball will be difficult, especially when throwing against the wind. Crowd noise and the occasional flour frisbee will be a factor, but the Horns can lessen the impact by scoring early and often. The longer they allow Tech to stay in the game, the more the crowd will play a role and the more the probability of an upset will start to take on a life of its own. A&M's unlikely win over OU last weekend is a perfect example. So can the Horns keep the BCS dream alive with another tough road win? On to the...
Red Raider, Red Rover, let Texas Tech bend over...because Bevo's about to get medieval on Raider Reds "lubbuttocks." (UT 42, TT 24)
This weekend, it's off to the high plains (drifter on over) to see the Longhorns (the Mack Attack) take on the
QUOTE OF THE WEEKEND
"Would you pick up a 12-pack of Bud Light for the tailgate?"
"Just a 12-pack - obviously, you're not taking Baylor seriously.""You're right, better get a case."